The Challenges Design Agencies Face
- You’re stressed out by all the things you need do to run your design agency (or freelance career)
- You struggle finding ideal new clients where you can deliver the creative work you feel excited about
- You want to ensure you deliver great creative design work yet you know you need to be profitable
Trust me, you are not alone!
If all your time is spent delivering exceptional design work then, at some point, your design agency is going to fall over. To prevent this from happening, you need to allocate enough time to create a visionary yet pragmatic plan, focus on business development (and producing great pitches and proposals), together with a robust set of products/services and a fantastic onboarding and retention plan for your customers. Of course, you also need to manage your team, watch the cashflow and profits and fend off the competition by creating a clear niche and USP for your design agency.
Avoiding The Over Servicing Epidemic
As an agency owner, do you want every project you deliver to be a creative masterpiece, something you are super proud of? If so, that is commendable, as it can prime your business for agency growth.
Yet this has to be countered against the need to ensure you are profitable and not over servicing your clients. So how do you balance one against the other?
If you deliver exceptional work yet don't get paid for all you do, then you will end up a starving artist! Getting this right starts with winning the ideal client, and that starts with being clear about your niche and who you serve. There’s much to think about!
Digital Agency Coaching - Is it Right For You?
Does any of the following ring true for you?
- Are you a newly formed agency struggling to standardise processes, such as onboarding and marketing reports?
- Are you seeking to employ and retain talented individuals to grow with your team?
- Are you finding it a challenge to grow while maintaining the quality of work that initially helped you build a fine reputation?
- Are you struggling to attract and retain the ideal type of client?
- Are you finding it a challenge to manage client expectations and effectively communicate to avoid misunderstanding and delays?
- Or have you successfully laid the foundation for your design agency and simply want to expand or take on more clients?
- Do you need advice tailored to your own design agency and a sounding board when you need to make difficult decisions?
Simply put, I am here to help you better manage your business, overcome obstacles and help you build a design agency you can be proud of. If you are experiencing the above challenges, your agency is growing and you just need help keeping up. I would love to help you do just that.
I have 30+ years of commercial business experience. After beginning my career by working in various blue chip companies, I took the leap In 1991 to start my own marketing, PR and design agency. Over the next 11 years, I grew the business into an award-winning agency with 25 staff and revenues in excess of £1.5m. In 2002, I sold the business and then retrained to become a coach and mentor. Since forming Da Costa Coaching in 2007, I have helped over 450 agencies to grow in a sustainable, profitable and enjoyable way.