Webinar Special - 50% Saving + Bonus
If you’re reading this, it’s probably because you want to learn how to manage your clients more effectively.
Maybe you even have specific challenges you’re dealing with right now. If that’s the case, you’re in the right place!
I know when I ran my own agency, we were beholden to our clients. We were expected to bend over backwards to keep them happy, and do whatever was necessary to keep their business. Sadly, our constant need to please didn’t help us do better work. In fact, all we got from it was longer working hours, unprofitable projects, and lukewarm client relationships. In the end, our customer retention wasn’t even that good, as we were stretched too thin to really deliver a great experience to our customers - despite our best intentions.
Because our retention rates were low, we had to constantly look for new clients. To satisfy and retain these new clients, we would try to over-deliver early on in the relationship… which created unrealistic expectations for what we could sustain over the long-term.
Of course, this is not the smart way to run a business. It wasn’t sustainable in the least - burnout (both staff and my own) loomed on the horizon unless I changed something quick.
To ensure the long-term survival of my agency, I had to change our approach to something better. And with our new way of doing things, we were able to get out of the never-ending cycle of loss and acquisition we had been mired in, eventually building the agency into an award-winning business with 7 figures in revenue and 25 staff.
It didn’t happen overnight, but this shift towards a better way of handling our business helped us to survive and thrive as an agency.
I know it helped me on a personal level too - gone were the long days and sleepless nights. Instead, I started to enjoy the work again, looked forward to meeting with satisfied clients, and had enough free time to live a life outside the office.
But you’re probably wondering… what is this better way? It’s two-fold:
1. Focus on delivering excellent, profitable work to your clients
2. Retain & grow your best customers, and fire your unprofitable ones
This is simple, not easy - but both of these steps are very important.
Client retention deserves your attention because, on average, repeat clients spend up to 67% more than new customers (that’s without considering the costs you incur in finding new clients).
Doing great work matters because that’s what sets you apart as an agency, when all is said and done. And if the work isn’t profitable, then you won’t be able to afford to make it as great as it needs to be.
That’s all well and good, but how do you go about retaining your best clients and firing your worst ones? How do you find the time you need to deliver the kind of work that satisfies your clients? And how do you ensure you team get this and are able to deliver a consistent experience to your clients?
I have 30+ years of commercial business experience. After beginning my career by working in various blue chip companies, I took the leap In 1991 to start my own marketing, PR and design agency. Over the next 11 years, I grew the business into an award-winning agency with 25 staff and revenues in excess of £1.5m. In 2002, I sold the business and then retrained to become a coach and mentor. Since forming Da Costa Coaching in 2007, I have helped over 350 agencies to grow in a sustainable, profitable and enjoyable way.
Rob Da Costa
Retaining and growing your best clients is a whole lot easier when you have a powerful toolkit for doing so. Unless you want to suffer the stress of 16-hour work days and the constant threat of key customers abandoning you, you need to create systems for managing client relationships.
That’s why I developed this course: it’s born out of my real-world experience coaching hundreds of agencies in multiple industries, designed to address the problems they typically experience in this area.
And remember - even if you don't struggle to manage your clients, it's possible that your team do. It's an area agencies rarely train their staff in.
In my coaching practice, I've seen time and again that agency managers (being as busy as they are) rarely have time to teach their team members how to handle clients effectively. As a result, these under-equipped employees end up over-servicing clients, diminishing your profitability and damaging the respect clients have for you over the long-term.
This happens because we don't take the time to really train our people in client management. Believe me, being able to manage clients effectively is about more than just avoiding over-servicing.
- It's being able to look at an account strategically
- It's learning to see the opportunity for additional revenue when it arises
- It's about building partnership rather than 'client/supplier' relationships
It's all these things and more. Unless your team possesses the crucial skills of effective client management, you'll struggle to scale your agency as much as you wish. This course will will become a crucial part of your team's development.
If you want to:
- Dramatically increase the average length a client stays with you
- Make each of your clients more profitable and fun to work with
- Develop a set of powerful tools that you (and your team, if you have one) can use to manage and grow your clients
- Create a community of like-minded agency staff and owners (so you can continue the debate and learning long after this course is finished
- Have ongoing access to me for webinars and live Q&As
Then you should consider enrolling in the Client & Account Management Mastery Course.
Additionally, everyone who enrols in this course will be invited to join an exclusive closed mastermind group, where you’ll get the chance to network with fellow business owners and ask me your most pressing business questions and get answers in real-time.
This is the next best thing to hiring me to work with you one-on-one (for which my packages generally start around £2,000) - and you’re getting it for free when you enrol in this course.
A few of the IMPORTANT topics covered in this course:
- How to build empathy with your clients so you can meet their needs better, get paid more, and do great work
- The over-servicing epidemic: STOP NOW and become more profitable
- Value-based pricing and selling (getting paid what you’re worth, not just for your time)
- How to retain and grow your best clients to supercharge your agency’s profitability
- How to navigate difficult conversations (so you achieve your goals without getting bogged down by conflict)
- Managing staff and clients effectively
And much, much more
By the time you have completed the course you'll be able to:
- Confidently manage clients in all situations
- Better empathise with your customers to build great relationships with them
- Sell on value so you earn the prices you deserve - and enjoy bigger profits too
- Politely but firmly reject “scope creep” (so clients respect your boundaries)
- Implement a variety of powerful time recording, capacity management & project management tools
- Present yourself well in front of peers & clients with confidence
- Engage in active listening - a valuable asset in any professional setting
But more than that… you’ll be able to take back charge of your business and direct it to grow into everything you know it can be.
Building the skills of effective client management will help you to boost your agency’s profitability, get paid what you’re worth, and have enough free time to enjoy a life outside the office too.
I know that I would probably still be struggling today if I hadn’t taken the time to develop these skills - and the same goes for my clients too. The impact this course will have on your agency is significant.
Finally, to give you an idea of how you can use this course:
- The course is delivered in bite-sized chunks over the course of 4 weeks. This means you can easily fit it in around your “day job”
- Once you’ve completed the course, you’ll be able to use it as an ongoing reference library. With lifetime access to all lessons upon completion, addressing specific issues, challenges or situations as they occur in your agency will be a breeze
- You’ll also be able to use this course to facilitate ongoing development of staff. Any team member that interacts with clients can benefit from the knowledge contained here - it’s great as part of a structured learning & development plan
- With access to our exclusive mastermind group, you’ll be able to ask questions and get support from fellow agency owners/staff around the world
- You’ll also have the opportunity to continue your learning by participating in the mastermind group
At just half the cost of one face-to-face coaching session with me, this course is a tremendous bargain. With the power of these client management best practices on your side, you’ll be well on your way to ensuring your business grows into the agency you know it can be over the coming years.
Hope to see you on the inside soon!
How the Course is Structured
Below are some of the commonly asked questions about the programme
Anyone who wants to learn to manage their clients better. If you’re a solopreneur, a leader of a small agency, or a seasoned account director looking to upskill yourself and your team, this course will help you. However, it is NOT suitable for non-client facing staff.
The course starts now and never ends! New lessons will be unlocked for the first four weeks after purchase, and then you’ll have access to them forever.
I’ve worked in the agency sector since 1992. After running my own award-winning agency for 11 years, I eventually sold up and then transitioned into coaching other business owners. Over the past 12 years, I’ve worked with 250+ agencies of all shapes and sizes… and in that time, I’ve seen a lot (both good and bad).
There’s no reason why you should have to make mistakes others have already made - learning from the successes and failures of someone else is the fastest way to shortcut your learning curve.
That’s why I’ve distilled all of my client management best practices into this convenient course: to give you an insight into what works, what doesn’t, and how you can use this information to take your business to the next level (without suffering so many of the problems that plague those who try to go it alone).
After you enrol in this course, you’ll get an invite to join our exclusive Facebook mastermind group, set up specifically for members of this course. There, you’ll be able to ask as many questions as you wish, and get support from myself and fellow business owners. Additionally, I will also be running regular live Q&A sessions, where you’ll get to ask me your questions in real-time and get an instant answer.
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, each student has unlimited access to this course - across any and all devices you own.
Customer satisfaction is extremely important to me. I would never want you to be disappointed with your investment. So if you complete 50% of the course (and associated course work) and still don’t think it’s worth your time, you can contact me within 30 days of purchase and I’ll issue you a full refund.